Chain featuresThe Polkadot chain consists of several main elements:
- The core chain or Relay Chain is the "mother chain" of the whole system, its task is to organize "communication" of parachains (other blockchains) with each other and transmit information between parachains.
- Parachains are all blockchains that use the Relay Chain. Each parachute can perform its function, and the Relay Chain connects to each of them, reads its status and transmits information to other parachains.
- Bridges are networks through which the Relay Chain connects to parachutes and reads their state.
DOT tokenThe Polkadot chain has its own token - DOT. Here are its main features:
- validation of transactions in the Relay Chain
- adding and removing parachains
- control over the protocol and the right to vote when updating and correcting the chain